TBC is looking for a full-time mid-level communications professional who can manage day-to-day internal and external communications needs to ultimately achieve our clients’ business goals.
For this role, we're looking for someone who has a minimum of seven years of experience in communications. If you're the right person, you'll have a proven track record of creating and implementing both internal and external communications campaigns, and you'll also have demonstrated knowledge of earned media and the organic social media landscape. Your role will be to create, revise, and implement communication materials that effectively communicate key messages to target audiences using earned and owned strategies. You'll be reporting directly to TBC’s VP, Director of Public Relations. We're excited to have you on board!
Assist the team with developing and implementing communications strategies and campaigns and monitoring their success, including:
- Written Communications: Create materials such as news releases, media alerts, fact sheets, emails, talking points, content calendars, thought leadership articles, etc.
- Media Relations: Develop and maintain excellent relationships with media in the markets where our clients operate, including trade, hyperlocal, regional, and national outlets.
- Internal Communications: Assist with the development and implementation of proactive communications plans and content strategies that engage our workforce, as well as the employees of our clients who rely on our internal comms expertise.
- Campaign & Editorial Planning: Manage a calendar of events, publication editorial calendars, monthly thought leadership content, internal corporate comms priorities, and timely awareness opportunities for clients, both seasonal and based on client industry.
- Campaign Execution: Distribute press releases and follow up, pitch story ideas/news, and facilitate interviews. Schedule monthly short-form calendars for owned channels such as LinkedIn.
- Database Management & Reporting: Analyze campaign results and create and deliver client reports in alignment with TBC’s Public Relations Analyst.
- Strategic Thinking: Share communications ideas for the accounts on the TBC client roster, as well as for the Agency. Stay aware and inform internal team members of the competitive industry and media landscapes.
- Consume News: Follow industry news, including newsroom changes, and experiment with emerging tools and techniques as applicable.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in strategic communications. Experience working with clients in an Agency is a plus. Experience in healthcare communications is an even bigger plus.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or marketing is preferred.
- Professional knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, X, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, and TikTok.
- Professional experience with monitoring tools such as Brandwatch, Cision, and Critical Mention is preferred.
- Excellent writing skills, and an ability to write for a range of editorial voices. Proficiency in AP Style is a must.
- Desire to take full ownership of assigned projects.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask on deadlines.
- A sense of urgency, self-motivation, and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic, and facilitation skills.
- A proactive approach to resolving problems and issues.
- Confidence in executing tasks independently, working with remote team members, and interacting with peers and senior executives within the agency.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants may send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s not by accident that 60% of our team has been at TBC for over 5 years!
We take pride fostering an Agency culture that allows our employees to be fulfilled both professionally and personally. While the approach is ever evolving to meet the needs of our team, the following four Cultural Pillars are foundational: Social, Philanthropic, Professional Development, and Personal Enrichment. To follow are examples of how these Cultural Pillars come to life:
We have a committee that’s dedicated to making sure TBC isn’t all work and no play. With input from all corners of the agency, they plan activities and events all year long. One of our favorites is the Annual Cornhole Tournament, but the committee is also known for planning awesome:
- Potluck Cooking Contests
- Offsite Happy Hours
- Football (and Fútbol) Viewing Parties
- Scavenger Hunts
- Wine Tastings
- Fitness Fridays
Throughout each year, TBC collectively supports various charities that are important to the Agency and our team members. In the past these have included:
- Unified Efforts
- House of Ruth
- Beans & Bread
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Midtown Academy
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund
- Lunch and Learns
- Cross-department Training
- Professional Memberships
- Subject Matter Conferences
- Industry expert 1:1 Training
- Unlimited PTO
- Up to 15 paid holidays
- 401K matching
- Parental Leave Policy
- Flex Time Policy
- Agency closed between Christmas and New Year
- Summer Fridays
- Cell Phone Stipend
Last, but not least, Kindness Matters
We’ve learned most agency folks fall into one of two categories: the ones who refill the coffee maker and the ones who don’t. We far prefer the former, not just because we love coffee, but because considerate humans make considerate co-workers. Before we’re TBC’s copywriters or media planners, we’re people. Kindness isn’t always easy and patience takes practice, but when we prioritize goodwill, we do great work we can all feel good about together.
Again, interested applicants may send their creative samples and resumes to email@example.com
Let’s work together.
There’s nothing surface about TBC. Clients return to us time and time again because of our mastery of their industries and our appetite for innovation. With that expertise comes results. TBC delivers great work at the speed of market, at an efficient cost and with proven outcomes.